Thursday, February 3, 2011

My First Appointment --Barbara King

I went in this week for my first appointment and for them to give me their assessment and what will be done.  I am going to leave that a mystery until the reveal but all I am going to say is that I was overwhelmed. I can't wait for you to know and see all that is going to be done.  I can already feel a difference in my teeth from my first cleaning.  WOW. My first appointment was a consultation and periodontal cleaning.

When I walked in the office I already knew and expected what a periodontal cleaning would be like. I had to have that deep cleaning done when Olivia was little. In fact, after it was done back then I swore never to return to that awful place because the pain was so excruciating.  So I had steeled myself to be ready for the worst and boy was I surprised. Jennifer took such great care with my teeth and took her time. I did not have any of the pain and she worked ferociously on my teeth. I knew for sure that for days my gums and teeth were going to be in a state of pain and soreness.  But to my surprise, I had a little discomfort but it was fabulous. She sent me home on a daily routine and I have been more than happy to keep it up.

So now I am waiting on my second appointment but it has really changed some things in me. I have had to see myself, really look at myself, something I have not done in a long while. I have forgotten about me and taking care of me.  So, this has also put me back into exercising and that did have pain to it.  But, it feels good. It feels like I am taking back a little bit of control in my world of chaos.

I have spent the last ten years juggling my life from the hospital to trying to have a normal one. Olivia has fought hard going through two transplants and so much that comes with Cystic Fibroses and Diabetes as well.  I have seen her grow into a beautiful young lady and now she needs me to get back that energy and self confidence I had long ago so when she is finally better from this transplant…well, you just never know how much fun our family can have.

Have a great week
Barb

No comments:

Post a Comment