Thursday, May 6, 2010

O-SO-Motivated!!!

For anyone looking for the best motivation to exercise and eat right-----pictures and measurements. Enough said, but I will go on:

Yesterday Cheney and I started on a new area-my upper and lower abs, or as I say-my gut. After 4 pregnancies and spending most of my life WELL over 200 pounds; I rarely leave the house without what Cheney refers to as "my armor" aka-spandex, ribbing, Lycra, gut sucker, whatever works for you.
Well, I did come in without my gut sucker on yesterday. Before we started Cheney asked me what was wrong. We were about to start another emotional journey. I know, you may be thinking "Will they ever end?" ME TOO!!! My face is always out there. My arms, I can wear sleeves that cover if I like, or get brave if the mood strikes. But my belly...that is another story. My husband, and my baby doctors are the only ones that see that. Then, if I wasn't uncomfortable enough--we then proceeded to take pictures and measurements.

OK, enough whining. My point is that this discomfort has motivated me to kick myself in the rear. I have pulled my elliptical out of the corner, increased my water even more, and thought more about what I am putting in my mouth. A phrase I have quoted many times over the past few years is "If you are comfortable, you won't change". There was a study done with frogs and hot water. When the researchers places a frog in a pot of boiling water-the frog immediately jumped out. But, when they placed the frog in the pot with cool water, then slowly increased the heat-the frog sat there until he was boiled alive. He was comfortable and thus didn't move. So, I have been made uncomfortable and I am ready to change and get the best results from this makeover.

2 comments:

  1. Frog stew! The pot is boiling over with good moves on your part, now, Heather. Your motivation to actively seek to improve your health and your self-esteem is a point many around the country will celebrate as you show how its done. Keep up the good, hard work. We know you are a winner in many, many ways as well as a blessing to many. God has placed favor upon you and is not done with His finest creation!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just finished another up close and personal time on the elliptical. The kids came in from school and wanted to know why I was sweating so much... Love those kids!!

    ReplyDelete