Tuesday, March 30, 2010

First Working Visit With Cheney

After visiting Suwanee Dental yesterday morning for a orthodontics check, I met with Cheney Davis at the Cauble Center. We did a number of treatments. Well, she did a number of treatments-I sat/laid there! I will leave the technical explanations to Cheney, but here is my side:
First, was the microdermabrasion. This was done on my face and neck. The process felt a bit like fine sandpaper or, maybe a rough washcloth, rubbing across my skin.
Then we started the Carbossi Body Sculpting on my face, neck and upper arms. Cheney also used Lipodissolve on my upper arms.
I think the upper arm work is one of the most exciting parts of this experience. It is un-finished business. After losing weight, I still couldn't wear sleeveless things because of the sagging skin. I was a walking example of granny arms, they kept waving after I stopped! There will be before pictures soon. When we measured for the starting-point, my first thought was-there really is a decent muscle under there! And now, everyone else will be able to see it soon.

No part of any of these services we overly painful. There was a mild discomfort with the dermabrasion, but I knew it was getting rid of the dead, gross stuff while stimulating the production of new-fabulous looking skin. The injections involved with both the Carbossi and Lipodissolve ranged from an intense bee sting to not feeling it at all. HONESTLY--there were many I did not even feel. Today, I can faintly see the lines on my neck from the microdermabrasion, and my skin is a bit sensitive. But, I am using the after-care kit Cheney provided and wearing my sunscreen. There are a few small bruises on my arms from the injections.

As I am trekking through this journey, I am also having to address some old mentalities. This isn't just physical, there is TOTALLY an emotional side to this too. I told Cheney yesterday that it is easy to go around the world telling women how amazing they are-that God designed them for wonderful things-they are His princess...But, it is hard sometimes to walk in that myself. I AM BEAUTIFUL NOW, I DESERVE THESE GIFTS AND BLESSINGS.

The road ahead is getting shorter. August is coming up soon-I am truly excited to share with everyone the finished product of the amazing gifts I have been blessed with. STAY TUNED!!!!

2 comments:

  1. Wow Heather, that is hard to remember how loved we are and that we are perfect in God's eyes through his grace and you DO deserve these blessings!! HUGS!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heather, you were beautiful THEN and you are even more so NOW! I love you and Chrissy is right, you DO deserve God's blessings!

    ReplyDelete